[wp-hackers] Plugin Management issue...

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Jun 29 17:28:28 UTC 2004

jill wrote:

> IMO as a user, if loading order is determined by the  order in which I activate plugins, that's
> a good deal easier to fine-tune than if it's determined by filename.

A user should never have to worry about loading order in the first place.
I'm not saying that there isn't some conceivable situation where it would
be useful to control, but if it's something you're relying on then you
have a hack, not a plugin. This isn't a bad thing, just use my-hacks.php
(or file editing) instead of the plugin loader. You of course still have
access to all of the API calls.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | more soon...