[wp-hackers] Plugin Management issue...

jill jill at pericat.ca
Tue Jun 29 17:06:16 UTC 2004

Jason goldsmith wrote:

>As Kitty also pointed out, filename load order is going to lead to
>silly file names. WORSE it is going to lead to users saying, "I can
>never remember what 000000111111.php does, so I renamed it to
>SuperGroovy.php and now it broke."

If the plugins page registered some kind of positive feedback showing the load order of
active plugins, the current dilemma might be somewhat lessened.

IMO as a user, if loading order is determined by the  order in which I activate plugins, that's
a good deal easier to fine-tune than if it's determined by filename.

pericat
--
<http://pericat.ca/>