[wp-hackers] Plugin Management issue...

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Tue Jun 29 16:02:24 UTC 2004

this sounds like you really want add_filter_after or something like that...
;)  But yes, you are also screwed if someone else writes any other plugin
that does

I have some similar stuff I'm converting to plugins, one that needs to be
EARLY in the_content processing (maybe before your spellchec!), one that
wants to be after 'general' processing (i.e., I don't mind curly quote
conversions, etc.), but certainly before any tags start getting added.  The
first is my custom CG-Inline processor, which is how I do my magic floated
images/thumbnails, amazon items, and page and perma links.  The second is my
dropcap code, which while I've had turned off for a while now, I think I'll
convert it 'just in case'.  I'm trying to move ALL my CHAITGEAR code over to
plugins -- well, at least where it is physically possible, and doesn't have
to be hacked. ;)

I know there's a priority parameter for filters too -- maybe those
priorities need to have some distinct 'constant' ranges set?

-d