[wp-hackers] Newbie here - Stopping posts appearing on the front page

Joe Pritchard joe.pritchard at curious-hosting.co.uk
Sun Jun 27 17:25:50 UTC 2004

Hi all,

A newcomer here - I'm experienced with PHP and mySQL and am using WordPrss (v.nice software, BTW.  Having looked at other blogging packages this is the best I've encountered so far) to produce a 'Home Page' for myself.

Now....what I wish to do is to make it possible for a posting to NOT appear on the home page.  If you take a look at www.joepritchard.curious-hosting.co.uk you'll see some biographical details posted there.  I want to have these postings (and other future ones) ONLY available from the relevant category menu option on the RHS.

I can see how I might do it by modifying the code, but was wondering whether there's anything built in.

Any help (even if it's RTFM - providing you point me at the FM to read) will be welcome!

Regards,

Joe