[wp-hackers] Offical Plugins, repository, and extending WordPress

Jason wphackers at jasonverber.info
Sat Jun 26 00:00:56 UTC 2004

Chuck G. wrote:

> If I understand this correctly, creating such a site would really take
> the
> plugin "away" from the author.  I mean, if the author isn't even allowed
> to update the content of his plugin without "approval", that seems a step
> too far.  I know that I wouldn't want my code made available on such
> a  site,
> WP approved or not.  But I don't think Jenn was worried about the
> "trust"  of
> WP, just that the code is taken out of her hands entirely.
>
> chuckg

The plugin author can still update his/her plugin, but only the approved
version is, well, approved... until the new version can be reviewed that is.

I write a new and improved porn-spam plugin, version 1.0. It gets
approved. I realize that my spam is not being generated as efficiently
as possible, so I release an update. Unless/until this new version is
approved, the old version will remain on such a site, but I am free to
create and distribute my newer, non-approved version.

Jason