[wp-hackers] LDAP

Alistair Young alistair at smo.uhi.ac.uk
Fri Jun 25 20:21:48 UTC 2004

Hi folks,
I've just joined the list as I was trialling WordPress as a replacement
for MoveableType as a blogging platform for our students. Looks good. Well
done on a solid product, easy to install and admin!
One requirement would be LDAP authentication though. I've already done
this for phpBB but it's not core and it's a headache keeping it in synch
with the main code tree as it requires code inserts in different files.
Is there any interest in LDAP authentication for WordPress? Another option
would be to have LDAP with auto account creation. If you're authenticated
OK via LDAP, WordPress would pull your core info from LDAP and create you
an account in the db. Controlled by conf of course, in case you don't want
people auto creating from LDAP!
your opinions would be valuable.
cheers,
Alistair