[wp-hackers] WP Plug-in Manager

Doug Daulton ddaulton at ursastudios.com
Fri Jun 25 19:41:34 UTC 2004

Jason,

I agree with everyting you said.  I think driving traffic to developer
sites is a completely valid reason for maintianing your plugin repos on
the your site.  Here is a thought ...

What if the PlugIn Header (PIH)/RDF also contained a PayPal (or other
service) "Donate" URI?   This would be used to build a "donate" button
in the Plugin entry on the Plugin Manager.   At some point in the
install process (perhaps configurable in the PIH/RDF). the dev would
either force a jump to his/her site or provide it as an option.

So, additions to the PIH/RDF might be ...

a. Donate URI (either directly to the PayPal Donate Screen or a page on
the dev's site)
b. Developer Site Metadata
    1. Developer URI (Root URI for dev site)
    2. Force Redirect (Y/N)
       a. Redirect URI (If not Developer URI)
       b. Page in install process at which redirect occurs (Before/After
install)

Doug