[wp-hackers] saying hi

webmonster at fwwd.de webmonster at fwwd.de
Wed Jun 23 21:46:03 UTC 2004

hi,

yet another newbie says hi to the list ;)

> * who you are
I'm some guy trying to hack WP the way you could call it WordPress CMS
afterwards. Actually, I try staying a freelance programmer, although
it's hard, because of the oh so many jobs/projects you can do these
days in IT-business.

Some full-blown info about my person and what I am doing can be found
at my personal blog site, which currently is not yet powered by WP but
by my own self-written open source software called Morgaina.
Thanks to a recent hard disk crash (the most evil one: a head crash),
in where I lost the latest changes I have done to its code, I'm going
to change over to a somewhat monstrously hacked and customized version
of WP (eg. replacing the RSS parser with Alp Uckan's RSSify_TNG, etc.).
URL to it is: http://www.AlltagsGrauen.de
Personal profile can be found at: about > profile

> * why you're here

Obviously because I want to exchange thoughts and ideas with some other
fellow merry folks that have found a profession in hacking/customizing
WP, too ;)

* what you'd like to get out of this list

I somewhat agree with Matt Mullenweg, as I never did use the fora much,
because I too think they're not that well suited for this kind of
discussion which can be done / held on a well-working, busy
mailinglist.
Also I am using mailinglists for years, eg. I've been with the
so-called The Coder's Guild (see http://www.netalive.org/codersguild/
for more info) nearly since its very beginning, and I am still an
active member of several other, not-exclusively programming based
mailinglists.

any other questions? just send me a mail ;)

cu, w0lf.