[wp-hackers] New Staticize 2.5-beta

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sat Jun 19 17:47:20 UTC 2004

I wanted to give this one some testing before releasing it to the general
public, mostly because the HTTP last-modified header stuff doesn't seem to
make a lick of difference in performance.

* If page is generated in under .03 seconds, it isn't cached. I was
finding Staticize actually slowed down some of my faster pages.
* Works with <?xml files
* Added <!--mfunc any_php();--><?php any_php(); ?><!--/mfunc-->.
Pronounced "M-funk"
* Should now send proper HTML headers with last modified times taken from file
* Now uses WP's built-in timer, giving more accurate times

File attached. Let me know if you run into any problems.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | more soon...