[wp-hackers] Prompt to add title to link when using quicktags

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 17:09:59 UTC 2004

I wanted to have wordpress prompt me for the title of the links that I
post, and so I hacked quicktags.js to do the same:

Here is what I have in my wp-admin/quicktags.js file, closer to the bottom:

function edInsertLink(myField, i, defaultValue) {
        if (!defaultValue) {
                defaultValue = 'http://';
        }
        if (!edCheckOpenTags(i)) {
                var URL = prompt('Enter the URL' ,defaultValue);
                if (URL) {
                        edButtons[i].tagStart = '<a href="'
                        + URL
                        + '" title="' + prompt('Enter a title for the link', '')
                        + '">';
                        edInsertTag(myField, i);
                }
        }
        else {
                edInsertTag(myField, i);
        }
}

This function replaces the existent edInsertLink(); function in the
quicktags.js file

--
Carthik Sharma
Ph.D. Fellow