[wp-hackers] Static content plugin

Jason wphackers at jasonverber.info
Fri Jun 18 23:48:52 UTC 2004

There's all this talk about plugins for static content, but wouldn't it
make more sense to contribute to the conversation about how the new
static post_status should be used as opposed to reinventing the wheel? I
like the idea of making it available on the Advanced Editing screen. I
also think they should be excluded from all normal post queries unless
explicity included, so they would (normally) only be accessible via
their IDs or a (special) mod_rewrite rule. Something like that would not
take too much work at all and could easily be made available in the next
version of WP, if not in the CVS sometime in the near future. It seems
like such a frequent request that it should be built in, not a plugin.

Anyway, just my two cents...

Jason