[wp-hackers]Sticky's etc

ayj & j yllyn at clear.net.nz
Thu Jun 17 21:56:13 UTC 2004

> Checking and unchecking a category to make a post sticky doesn't seem as
> intuitive as clicking a box to make a post sticky.
>
> Why not use post metadata for actual post metadata ("I am a sticky
> post") rather than shoehorn metadata into the category feature ("posts
> in here are sticky in the other categories to which they belong")?

I tend to agree but either way is fine in terms of implementation. And
sticky is of course just one example of this type of post, I suggested
another earlier "ignore on front page" and there will be more.

[Might be useful to keep the "sticky" type discussion in it's own thread
separate from the issue of being aboe to hook into datatbase calls in
wp-blog-header.]

Andrew