[wp-hackers] Welcome :)

Alex nessence at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 20:02:53 UTC 2004

* who you are
I'm Alex Leverington of http://networkessence.net
I created a spell check plugin. I do systems integration work and use
PHP as much as possible (and have used it for a long time).

* why you're here
WordPress is easy to use and I found it fairly easy to create a plugin
without having to hack. I did have to put in some logic so it's not
executed when not needed, but I'm sure that will resolve itself. I'm
here because I'm trying to start contributing to valueable open source
project (specifically PHP). I've also contemplated hosting wordpress
blogs and creating a social network out of blogs.

* what you'd like to get out of this list
Make wordpress solid, consistant, and retain it's ease of use.
Possibly help with making the API more object oriented. I would also
like wordpress to make better use of some type of meta-tag system
(whether it be XML, <meta> tags, whatever), making information across
blogs relative. I would like for the template and API system to be
improved, as I think everyone does.

> Matt Mullenweg
>   http://photomatt.net | http://wordpress.org
> http://pingomatic.com | more soon...

I'm also curious what "more soon..." is on Matt's sig :)