[wp-hackers] Welcome :)

jens persson 213045 at persson.cx
Thu Jun 17 07:29:53 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 09:13:57PM -0500, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> In just a day or two already almost 80 people have signed up for this
> list. Howdy everybody. :) There has already been some discussion going on
> before you may have gotten here:
>
> http://wordpress.org/pipermail/hackers_wordpress.org/2004-June/thread.html
>
> I know the archives suck, I'm investigating something more robust and
> searchable.

Maybe, just hook it into a wp install using post-by e-mail :-)

But now over to me:
> * who you are
I'm Jens Persson, a 36 year old sysadmin from Sweden that since a couple
of days runs my webbsite/blog [1] on wordpress. Previously I have been
using Textpattern and pybloxsom but changed again, lets see how long it
lasts :-)
> * why you're here
To lurk, and to read up on how wordpress works
> * what you'd like to get out of this list
Information, and a few good quotes :-)

> I'm particularly interested to hear about plugins you've wanted to write
> but couldn't, or plugins you've written but run into problems doing.

I have written a small plugin [2] that uses the post_content_filtered column
in the posts table to prerender all posts, which saves alot of CPU on my
poor 233 MHz pentium server. At some points I have been contemplating
adding some kind of config interface but haven't found a simple way of
doing that.

Best regards and thanks for a nice tool
/jp

[1] http://persson.cx/
[2] http://persson.cx/archives/2004/06/15/prerendering-in-wordpress/
--
 jens persson         #           Errors should never pass silently.
 <jens at persson.cx>    #           -- Tim Peters 10th Pythonic Thesis