[wp-hackers] For those who don't subscribe to the wp docs mailing list:

Brian Meidell brian at mindflow.dk
Fri Jul 30 08:25:07 UTC 2004

> While we're throwing out suggestions, I'd like to advocate for MediaWiki
> instead of phpWiki.  I realize that the conversion would be awkward, but
> in my short time fiddling with MediaWiki I've found it to offer a lot of
> useful features.

I completely second this. I've used phpwiki for the longest time, and
recently I've been using mediawiki on a few projects, and I am an
instant convert.
Mediawiki is especially good for documentation efforts that will be read
by non-wiki savvy people, in my experience.

Because of the difference with WikiWords, writing the database migration
code (if we were going to do it) might be a bit less trivial than your
average database migration.

/Brian