[wp-hackers] Managing Many WP blogs

Chris Lott Chris.Lott at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 06:19:09 UTC 2004

Thanks for the pointer to the PHPBB info.

> There is no easy way to install multiple copies of WordPress, except
> perhaps using a Fantastico-providing host.

I am providing the server and I am the host. I run multiple copies of
WordPress myself and the install process seems fairly straightforward.
I guess I'll just write scripts to create the users' databases and
perform the installations... though I will check out Fantastico and
see if it might be applicable. With consistent directory structures
between all users and the same predictable environment in terms of the
database it seems like scripting an install shouldn't be too
difficult...

> Please think of my earlier reply as a suggestion, not criticism.

I did and do.

Chris Lott