[wp-hackers] Managing Many WP blogs

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 03:37:53 UTC 2004

Something I usually do at the forums. I will do it this once here at
the mailing list :
http://wordpress.org/support/10/5761
That should cover the background about "integrating" phpbb and WP.

There is no easy way to install multiple copies of WordPress, except
perhaps using a Fantastico-providing host.

I did not mean to be rude, and I take exception to the statement
"..however it is pretty clear from discussion
today, not to mention my experience, that the forum is a good place
for people to hear themselves talk but not as much a place to actually
get answers."

The WP forums are still the most effective, efficient and courteous
forums I have been a member of, and I am sorry if you have had
experiences to the contrary.

Please think of my earlier reply as a suggestion, not criticism.

Carthik.

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:22:49 -0800, Chris Lott <chris.lott at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You might reach a wider audience by posting at the forums.
> > Also, this seems to be off topic, since it does not have to do with
> > developing wordpress, and it seems like adapting wordpress to a
> > specific need.
>
> I plan on asking there, however it is pretty clear from discussion
> today, not to mention my experience, that the forum is a good place
> for people to hear themselves talk but not as much a place to actually
> get answers.
>
> I assumed that trying to tie the authentication in WordPress to
> integrate with PHPBB and perhaps creating code to do automated
> installs and maintenance of large numbers of  WordPress blogs (in
> effect, managing a WordPress "farm") was on-topic for a list such as
> this. If the community that supports such efforts is limited to the
> forums I'll probably just use different blogging software. Thanks for
> your input.

> --
> Chris Lott

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net