[wp-hackers] For those who don't subscribe to the wp docs mailing list:

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:08:30 UTC 2004

> Nobody has tried that. Might not be a bad idea. In fact, people might
> just show up in there. But what good does that do if nobody answers.
> Maintaining a status which displays availability in IRC is not
> obligatory and messaging someone without their permission is somewhat
> discourteous. If they are not responding, they are likely away. You
> seem correct and frustrated.

You are definitely right here. Indicating absence is merely a courtesy.

> You have contributed greatly and that has been recognized.

How exactly has Podz been recognized by the project? I do not mean to
create problems where there are none, but I beleive the occasional
formal recognition and reward will make for a more rewarding
experience, with regard to support volunteers and documentors/wiki
updaters.

Carthik.

--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net