[wp-hackers] For those who don't subscribe to the wp docs mailing list:

Craig Hartel milquetoast at telus.net
Thu Jul 29 17:16:14 UTC 2004

Alex wrote:
<snip>
> I use WordPress. It's open source, and I'm not obligated to donate,
> code, support forums, or even flame the mailing lists. Neither am I
> obligated to feel shame, guilt, or selfishness for not doing anything.

Firstly, a good stir of the pot to get things going is a good thing. To lower
Podz' legitimate concerns by calling it a flame, is a cop-out. Also, never once
did I see Podz suggest that anyone should feel guilt or shame. He is pointing
out an example of the weakest part of open-source projects. Don't put words into
peoples' mouths.

> It would be a much better point to display a concern for the lack of
> sufficient suport than to redicule with disdain the habits of
> participants in an open source project. That said, this is open source
> and anyone has a right to their opinion.

If you feel ridiculed, then that is a decision you made on how to accept or
reject Podz's comments. I take his remarks as a challenge to make WordPress
better and stronger.

> You have contributed greatly and that has been recognized. For the
> sake of producing a professional product, please provide some
> suggestions as to how the community may support your efforts. You have
> provided a vast amount of support and may have experience to suggest a
> more competent solution than others.

How about you supply some suggestions too?