[wp-hackers] improved trackbacks -- another idea in the pool

Tara Star tellme at climbtothestars.org
Sun Jul 25 11:30:34 UTC 2004

An idea I've been thinking about lately for possible WP
development/plugin, so I'll just throw it in here (as usual) -- feedback
and info on related projects/plugins welcome.

I've started using a technorati link on each of my posts to show
incoming links technorati has gathered for it. I've noticed that the
three following things give me information on who is linking a post, and
they do not completely overlap (ie, neither contains any one of the
other completely):

- technorati
- trackbacks
- referrers

Now, how about combining the three? The Technorati API lets one grab
information that can be put in trackback-like form. There is a way to
use referrers (as does joueb.com -- see for example the things called
"lien croisé" on this post, they are generated automatically:
http://mouche.joueb.com/news/300.shtml ) to add trackbacks too.

Wouldn't this be neat for WP? something like an "improved trackbacks"
feature. (technorati and referrer info would be stored locally in the DB
too, they would just be an extra way of receiving "trackbacks")

Would you see that as a plugin or a possible modification to the core?

Steph aka bunny
--
http://climbtothestars.org/