[wp-hackers] adding in RSS mode to trackback

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Fri Jul 23 17:27:33 UTC 2004

At 12:22 PM 7/23/2004 -0500, Shelley Powers wrote:
>>Speaking of which, is this all being aggregated on the Wiki?
>Brian, did you mean my stuff? Or generally?

Ben - but that's ok...literally 99.9% think it's Brian.

>If you meant my stuff, then no, there's nothing at the Wiki. Much of this
>stuff is modifications to actual code.  I wrote about them in a multi-page
>post, and this weekend I'll probably do another multi-page post update to
>cover some changes people suggested, and to cover the new tricks I'm
>adding. But there really isn't a place to put a link to this type of
>activity at the wiki. Links to plug-ins, and I should add my plug-ins to
>the list.
>
>Should I also add a page at the wiki for people to add links to posts that
>cover code modifications like mine? I hesitate to do this because I'm not
>sure how well this will go over within the WP development community. There
>really is an emphasis -- rightfully so -- on plug-in development rather
>than actual code modifications.

Understandable but as far as I can tell there are certain modifications
that cannot be done with plugins. I think it would be useful to have such a
page but only link to it from a page that clearly explains that plugins are
recommended and this level of hacking should only be done by those who
mostly know what they're doing.....or we just create a seperate WP Hacking
wiki ;)

We just need a better way for categorizing and tracking these non-official
code modifications.

--
B.K. DeLong
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.2472

http://bkdelong.mit.edu                       Work.
http://www.brain-stream.com               Play.
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org        Potter.
http://www.city-of-doors.com               Sigil.
http://www.hackerfoundation.org          Future.
http://www.osvdb.org/                         Security.
http://www.wkdelong.org           Son.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://www.brain-stream.com/xml/foaf.rdf