[wp-hackers] wp-mail.php fixes

Chuck Guenther chuckg at blindmuse.com
Sat Jul 17 15:44:04 UTC 2004

While browsing through the options panel for email posting, which I'd
never really done before, it struck me as odd that the system required
an address that was "secret" and "only received email that were posts".
I understand the reason for this, but wouldn't it be just as easy to use
any other email address and just parse the subject lines for an some
abstract title which can be set by the user ... ie: "[postmeupscotty]"
or some other lame heading.

I'm not sure of the viability of such a plugin, but my (un)familiarity
with POP3 systems leads me to believe that it is possible to list out
the subject line just as easily as the message itself.  Now I'm aware
that some addresses that receive many an email (ie: some hooked into
mailing lists) would make this a painstaking process, but for those not
so high volume addresses wouldn't it be possible to use the address
normally as well as for posting to the blog?

Was just going over the idea in my head and outloud before I started
something that would lead me to insanity ... or deeper yet.

chuckg

http://www.blindmuse.com
I am who I am not who I thought I am