[wp-hackers] Plugin Site

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sat Jul 17 05:28:07 UTC 2004

Carthik Sharma wrote:

> And before we start advising plugin authors about the licensing terms
> and issues related to GPL and such, we need to clarify WordPress'
> license and take care to conform to GPL's terms. I have no option but
> to think that there is a problem with WordPress' GPL licensing, since
> I have had one developer reply in a coherent manner, and that reply
> acknowledged the problem and the need to fix it.

I don't see a problem with the current way we assert GPL status in the
program. I know of at least one person at the FSF who uses WordPress and
Eric Raymond uses b2 so I imagine they would have told us if there was a
real problem. I really don't feel like junking up the top of every file
with overly verbose GPL/copyright statements when that information is more
than clear from the site, the included license, the CVS logs...

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | more soon...