[wp-hackers] Plugin Site

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Sat Jul 17 01:56:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Alex King wrote:
>
> > If the authors feel an 'us vs. them' mentality about the site, I don't
> > see the site becoming as successful as it would with their support;
> > regardless of the legality of licensing issues.
>
> Presumably it would be the authors who would be submitting their code to
> the site in the first place. I'm not sure I see how such a condition
> could ever arise in the first place.

That was my assumption, as well. I think maybe there should be some
clarification on this point. My guess was that plugin authors would
register at the wp-plugins site, and post information about their own
works.

As far as author-hosted vs plugin site-hosted, I think a site-hosted
copy would be good. But perhaps it could be an option. A link to the
author's own plugin site would be required, but they could opt to
submit a copy of the code for local hosting. Some authors might like
this -- if they have acute bandwidth restrictions, for instance.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/