[wp-hackers] Plugin Site

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Fri Jul 16 20:14:12 UTC 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:

> 2) People who would prefer to host their own plugins, for whatever reason,
>    can do so, but should offer a copy up for the WP plugin page,
>    including any updates to said plugin. This copy would not be shown on
>    the WP page *unless* the primary site was unavailable for an extended
>    period and the developer had not offered a change of location.
>
> I'd say a reasonable time for 'extended period' is two weeks, though, as
> with anything, that's debatable.

I should add that, if the code in question is released under the GPL or
LGPL, this compromise would also offer the bonus of helping the original
author comply with section 3b of the GPL or 6c of the LGPL.

--
_Deirdre  web: http://deirdre.net    blog: http://deirdre.org/blog/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"