[wp-hackers] Plugin Site

Dave Cohen Dave at mostvaluablenetwork.com
Fri Jul 16 17:53:59 UTC 2004

What is the general feeling towards opensourcecms.com and
phpbbhacks.com.  My guess is that both sites are maintained by a person
or handful of people who have taken the task on themselves to keep up
the maintenance.  Both sites are very handy when it comes down to trying
to find things in a central location.  Given that, I feel that people
who are developing the plugins should not have to notify, in this case,
Craig that there is a new version of a plugin, it should be up to him
and any who try to help him keep an up to date list and updated download
of the latest version of each plugin he chooses to maintain.

Currently the only way for public users to find plugins is through the
support forum, which is not the easiest way to find something you are
looking for.  To me the best thing about the sites above is the ability
to see a demo of the products they host.  For wp-plugins.org to be
successful, demos will be a must.  Demos on individual sites are nice,
but occasionally I have found that you do not always get to see a demo
of each plugin with ease, wp-plugins.org could give users that ability
all in one place, but the functionality would have to come from Craig's
development team.

Just my .02, I know we've been around the block on this a bit, but I
really think this could be something that is great for users and developers.

Dave Cohen
AIM: DaveatMVN <aim:GoIm?screenname=daveatmvn>
Web Admin
Most Valuable Network <http://www.mostvaluablenetwork.com>