[wp-hackers] topic exchange integration

Luca Lizzeri luca.lizzeri at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 16:52:23 UTC 2004

> has anybody picked this up to do something with it? It would be nice if
> it also grabbed any topicexchange channels trackbacked through the
> "category trackback" functionality.

This is a proof of concept plugin that might work (untested, anyone
wants to help ?) that should do the first part of what your are
requesting (tra ckback) using a meta field named ite_topic.

I don't understand how you want to display the trackbacked channels.

<?
function ite_trackback($post_ID) {

    $data = get_postdata($post_ID);

    // Get the keys and values of the custom fields:
    $ite_topics = $post_meta_cache[$post_ID]['ite_topic'];

    // Generate the tags
    if (count($ite_topics)) {
        foreach ($ite_topics as $ite_topic)
        	$ite_tb_urls[] = "http://topicexchange.com/t/". $ite_topic ;

        // Subtract ITE urls already pinged
        $pinged = explode("\n", $data['pinged']);
        $ite_tb_urls = arraydiff($ite_tb_urls, $pinged);

        foreach ($ite_tb_urls as $ite_tb_url)
        	trackback($ite_tb_url, stripslashes($data['Title']),
$data['Excerpt'], $post_ID);
    }

    return $post_ID;
}

// Hook into the Plugin API
add_action('publish_post', 'ite_trackback');
?>

--
Luca Lizzeri
http://wikilab.net