[wp-hackers] topic exchange integration

Tara Star tellme at climbtothestars.org
Tue Jul 13 13:39:25 UTC 2004

Reading this post by Seb Paquet just gave me an idea:

<http://radio.weblogs.com/0110772/2004/06/30.html#a1628>

Here is what I'd like to do (hack or plugin) -- please let me know if
anything similar exists or is in the works, so that we don't do the job
twice:

- add a text-field for "TE topics" in the new post page (for input like
"blogtalk_conference wordpress multilingual_blogging")
- upon submission, parse that field, trackback the channels it lists,
and add them to the postmeta table
- when retrieving a post, that data can then be diplayed so that we can
imagine having a list of categories, and a list of trackbacked TE
channels for each post

- optional: see if the TE API allows retrieving of the "pretty name" for
the channel and add that to postmeta too (ie, "Blogtalk Conference"
instead of "blogtalk_conference")

Comments, feedback?

Thanks,

Steph aka bunny