[wp-hackers] Managing User Levels and Capabilities

scriptygoddess scriptygoddess at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 00:35:23 UTC 2004

Is there an easy way to indicate what level user can do what... (I'm
hoping there's a manage user roles and capabilities admin screen
planned for 1.3)

The reason I ask is that I'd like to set it up so that there is a
"guest" login for scriptygoddess where anyone can submit a post for
the site - but the post stays in "draft" mode until I can review and
approve it. I'm sure this can be accomplished with user levels - but
other than futzing with a lot of core code - I don't see how I can do
that user level managing.

Does there exist already a way to manage user capabilities? Anyone
have any ideas about the best way to approach this?

-Jenn