[wp-hackers] Solution to the auth.php problem.

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 03:46:30 UTC 2004

I think I have a find a solution to the problem that files in the root
directory or some other directory not at the same "level" as auth.php
cannot use auth.php to check if someone is logged in.

wp-admin/auth.php has

require_once('../wp-config.php');

that can be changed to

require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/../'.'wp-config.php');

This works, as far as I know and will enable other applications or
files to use wp's authentication mechanism.

Carthik.

--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net