[wp-hackers] 1.2.2 Failing on fresh install.

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 22:21:36 UTC 2004

I also agree that upping the version number is not the way to go.
But changing the docs and hoping people see them when their
installation fails is also not the way to go. People get a certain
impression in the initial install, and when there's a problem during
installation and in the docs it essentially says "we know there's a
problem b0rking your installs and we know exactly how to fix it but
haven't fixed it yet" gives off a rather negative vibe if you ask me.

I do agree with Kimmo about package checksums and such though also,
but I do believe that it can't be left alone.

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:18:39 -0800, Matthew Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> Kimmo Suominen wrote:
> > Version numbers are cheap -- I don't see why a fix should not cause
> > a version number increase.
>
> If you do too many releases people start to skip them.
>
> --
> Matt Mullenweg
>   http://photomatt.net | http://wordpress.org
> http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com

--Robert Deaton
http://false-hopes.com/
A proud Linux, Firefox, and WordPress user.
Linux is not an operating system, its a way of life.