[wp-hackers] Anti-spam Idea

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sat Dec 18 07:08:34 UTC 2004

Mark Jaquith wrote:
> You should suggest any anti-spam ideas you have here:
> http://unknowngenius.com/blog/archives/2004/12/09/spam-karma-20-feature-requests/

Oh I'm sure what I wrote can be picked apart :)
I don't know how these things actually work on a code level, but after
reading a link from Matt's blog about MT / comment flooding and server
stuff, I just wondered what would happen if a wp blog protected by any
current plugin was hit with several hundred comments in a short space of
time - even ones that would not trigger an anti-spam feature if the IP
was varied and the content was normal.
I was thinking out loud, hence my not posting this directly to the link
you just gave.

I'll be quiet now :)

P.