[wp-hackers] A plugin repository

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Dec 15 22:55:40 UTC 2004

Chris Davis wrote:
> Great idea, my only question is, will there be any kind of entrance
> exam?  Meaning the code must pass an inspection before it will be
> listed, this sounds like an "official" thing and as such the code
> would need to adhere to the programming guidelines.  That is not a
> problem perse, but I still have some plugins that don't adhere and
> won't, I feel sometimes it is better to do things my way than
> followign the guidelines.

The idea isn't that we have someone manually auditing everything, but by
making the version control / bug tracking resources available to
development processes that generally have been less structured the code
will evolve just like WordPress itself has.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org