[wp-hackers] Important Forum Post

Tor Bjornrud bjornrud at msu.edu
Fri Dec 3 21:43:45 UTC 2004

Ryan Boren wrote:
> We're arguing about it right now.  I have removed the offending code
> from the 1.2.x branch for now.  Alternatives are being discussed.
>
> This code was introduced so that sites wouldn't break when people
> changed location.  This is one of the most frequent support questions we
> encounter.  We'd still like to provide a means of relocating one's
> weblog without having to dip into phpMyAdmin.  Ideas welcome.

I'd prefer if there was a check for $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] at every
header, and if there was a problem, it simply died with an error message
and login prompt to change the site URI.

Anyone who's just moved the url of the site will then *know* what's up,
and there's not a chance of anyone's slip showing, just a default login
screen.

Best,
~Tor