[wp-hackers] Thoughts on themes

David Clark david at davidsaccess.com
Fri Dec 3 16:54:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am starting to "dig" into 1.3, and I really like the whole
theme/template feature set. Ryan's write-up up "anatomy of a theme" is
also incredibly helpful.

I have been trying to thinking of an "elegant" way to implement a hack
I did for 1.2 in 1.3.

The hack is basically archive summary vs full archive. See
http://www.davidsaccess.com/archive.php?cat=12 vs
http://www.davidsaccess.com/index.php/category/current-events/

The one way would be to just ad an if clause to the archive.php template

Another way would be to add another condition to the template
redirection check in wp-blog-header.php. My concern is that that is
really hacking the core more than I would like.

My idea/ question  is the feasibility of turning template redirection
into something more dynamic -- maybe like plugin administration?

dc