[wp-hackers] [hendry@cs.helsinki.fi: Asking for directions]

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Aug 27 09:18:44 UTC 2004

Kai Hendry wrote:

> Don't like that word "multi-blog". Deployments or multiple instances of
> WP sounds a bit better. This whole web application packaging art is
> still very much unchartered territory. I've yet to voice my concerns to
> W3 TAG as I don't have anything constructive to say yet. ;)

I'm not crazy about it either. Some people want multiple blogs managed by
one or more authors, and some people want multiple users each with their
own blog, and some people don't want multiple blogs at all but think they do.

> pleasie except for one file: wp-config.php and a symlink.

I don't think anyone ever wanted more than one database (many hosts limit
the number of DBs) but there may be multiple tables within the same DB.
Your request with regards to leaving the filesystem alone isn't quite
practical. Individual blogs need to be able to have their own
configuration, templates, CSS files, and everything inside of wp-content
(uploaded files, plugins, etc).

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | more soon...