[wp-hackers] [hendry@cs.helsinki.fi: Asking for directions]

Kai Hendry hendry at cs.helsinki.fi
Fri Aug 27 09:04:21 UTC 2004

Apologies for joining the "multi-blog" discussion a bit late. I am working
on the Debian project on the subject of Web Application packaging:

Don't like that word "multi-blog". Deployments or multiple instances of
WP sounds a bit better. This whole web application packaging art is
still very much unchartered territory. I've yet to voice my concerns to
W3 TAG as I don't have anything constructive to say yet. ;)

I did skim read the thread started by Tara:
http://wordpress.org/pipermail/hackers_wordpress.org/2004-August/001195.html

And the weblog entries of Ruben and Stephanie (aka Tara?).

I am a bit concerned about this need for other mysql users. Can't
wordpress manage its own users?
I see HTTP_HOST doesn't seem to be enough. Selling a DNS dependency for
a web application does seem to be a tall order.

Below is a mail I wrote about my concerns on the matter after packaging
WP for Debian directly to Matt:

pleasie except for one file: wp-config.php and a symlink.

Best wishes,

----- Forwarded message from Kai Hendry <hendry at cs.helsinki.fi> -----