[wp-hackers] User-friendly feeds

lowmagnet lowmagnet at lowmag.net
Wed Aug 11 15:11:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 08:46:55AM -0600, Randy Peterman wrote:
> Opera does not support client-side XSLT though the latest version of
> Opera does have some CSS type hacks that create links out of elements.
> Opera claims that client side XSLT is dangerous.  My inexperience with
> client-side XSLT lends me to ask: can you have both XSLT and CSS style
> declarations in the document?

in you XML file:
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="patterns.xsl"?>

in your XSL file:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="patterns.css" />

Also, if Opera doesn't allow xsl in tehir document, who cares? I'd be more concerned about Mozilla's non-support of the xsl:include function (at least in recent builds) because that makes your xsl possibly quite inflexible.

This is why I shelved any xsl work until things stabilise on the client and server side. I don't need the headaches.

-eli