[wp-hackers] keywords in main post attributes -- what do you think?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Aug 10 15:59:56 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 17:49 +0200, Tara Star wrote:
> Owen Winkler wrote:
>
> >>It seems to me that it would be beneficial to be able to
> >>define several "standard" custom fields that are always
> >>visible on every post form (in the same way as the standard
> >>fields are).  You could still add additional custom fields as
> >>necessary, but it would make the commonly-used custom fields
> >>a bit more user-friendly.  For example, if you were using
> >>WordPress to power a simple news site, and you regularly used
> >>a 'photographer' field, it'd be nice to have that show up as
> >>a 'standard' field instead of having to enter it manually every time.
> >

> > I completely agree.
>
> I'll second that. Something like "add an extra permanent field". then
> we'd need a way for the user to specify what the field looks like. Text
> input (how big), textarea, checkbox?

I wrote a quick keywords plugin at some point.  Actually, I wrote it in
response to your bug report.

http://mosquito.wordpress.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000100

It uses JS to manipulate the DOM, however.  It was a quick and dirty job
and has an obvious bug or two.  If someone wants to make it pretty, it's
attached to the bug report.

Ryan