[wp-hackers] Re: CSS

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Fri Aug 6 21:19:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Craig Hartel wrote:

> I don't think that contests are the way to go. They attract the usual
> awesome people, make the newbies (and me) feel inadequate, and there
> isn't enough control over quality and standards-compliance.

Well, make the quality and/or standards-compliance part of the issue. It's
not an entry unless it validates.

Note that I'm not gonna say someone's stupid graphics are inadequate. Far
from it.

That said, I think the WP style contest made it a lot easier for CSS
newbies (like me) to have a bitchin' site.

--
_Deirdre  web: http://deirdre.net        blog: http://deirdre.org/blog/
yarn: http://fuzzyorange.com    cat's blog: http://fuzzyorange.com/vsd/