[wp-hackers] Re: CSS

lowmagnet lowmagnet at lowmag.net
Fri Aug 6 18:00:15 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 06:48:31PM +0100, Podz wrote:
> The naming conventions across each style *must* be the same. Having
> #side, #menu, #navlist all for the same thing just leads to a huge
> repetition in the forums.

Perhaps we should operate on two rules:

1) all css shall be based on the same index.php, WITHOUT MODIFICATIONS (a la csszengarden)
2) the index.php needs to be cleaned up with IDs classes, etc. that allow for flexibility of Zen garden.

Setting in stone the basic IDs would help development a lot. I have a 1.3 install that I'm writing CSS against, because once I update to 1.3 I'm going to dump my modified index.php in favour of the distribution version.

I didn't want to hack on something regularly updated from CVS, so my CSS is handled via the web developer toolbar for mozilla browsers. It has a great css edit feature that works in chang as you type mode.