[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7656: Update `bp_new_group_invite_friend_list` for new $args to support full list markup

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 17 10:35:49 UTC 2018

#7656: Update `bp_new_group_invite_friend_list` for new $args to support full list
markup
-------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  hnla         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by DJPaul):

 1. Great!

 2. I don't think that's necessary. As I said, I can't remember if
 WordPress does a similar construction, but in its widgets, it has
 `before_title`etc which is handled like so:

 {{{
 $output .= $args['before_title'] . $title . $args['after_title'];
 }}}

 How about having this patch's `before_list` and `after_list` treated the
 same - not be escaped and just accept whatever it's given? (when you call
 the function, you'd pass it e.g. `<h3>` rather than `h3`.) It'd give
 flexibility in case someone needs to do some crazy WordPress-style hacks.
 :)

 If we did that, we'd need to remote the `parent_classes` attribute and
 rely on people passing the entire element e.g. `<h3 class="yolo">` which
 is what the widgets code does.

 (The widgets) isn't the best code in the world, by any means, but just
 wanted a contrasting option for your consideration. You are more familiar
 than I about consistency with (and if) how we do this sort of thing for
 other BuddyPress functions -- if we do, consistency is more important to
 me.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7656#comment:3>