[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7750: Hiding Activity site-wide also hides it from the component the activity is for

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 15 07:29:59 UTC 2018

#7750: Hiding Activity site-wide also hides it from the component the activity is
for
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Venutius         |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Core             |    Version:
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 I'm writing a plugin that adds `Group Only` and `Friends Only` status to
 posts.

 The general idea is to allow members to great posts that will only be seen
 by friends or group members.

 Given that's the use case, I'm looking to be able to display an activity
 update for that post update to be displayed in the group or member
 activity feed but not in site-wide activity - since that would display
 this private content to the site in general, which is not the desired
 outcome.

 However, when adding activity updates I note that setting `hide-sitewide`
 to `true` not only hides the activity from the site-wide activity stream
 but it also hides it from the components it is desired for.

 Would it be possible to add another argument that would set the update to
 be hidden sitewide but not from the affected component?

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7750>