[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7476: Deletion of user also deletes any groups that they created - without any Warning!

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 12 14:53:08 UTC 2018

#7476: Deletion of user also deletes any groups that they created - without any
Warning!
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  shanebp                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by DJPaul):

 7476.b.02.patch makes it so if the last group admin leaves a group, we try
 to fetch a site admin, and make them the group admin instead -- rather
 than delete the group. We can work on the UI for the future, but this
 should be miles better than silently deleting the group.

 There's some juggling to attempt to fetch an admin on the right site (for
 multisite), could use a sanity check on that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7476#comment:12>