[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6572: Conversation replies don't immediately inherit the HTML of custom templates.

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 2 06:23:59 UTC 2015

#6572: Conversation replies don't immediately inherit the HTML of custom
templates.
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  CharlesMabe            |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |     Status:  new
Component:  Component - Messaging  |    Version:  2.3.2
 Severity:  normal                 |   Keywords:  needs-patch
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 There seems to be a problem with the way new replies in member
 conversations output their HTML. I'm not very experienced with programming
 or design-- I'm just doing what I can to get my site up and running. But
 this is most likely a bug, not just my problem.

 I created an extra div wrapper around the message content in my custom,
 overriding template file-- my-
 theme/buddypress/members/single/messages/single.php-- in order to put it
 in a box alongside the avatar, as shown in the attached image. This custom
 div wrapper starts just before {{{<div class="message-metadata">}}} and
 ends just after {{{</div><!-- .message-content -->}}}. I also enlarged the
 avatar thumbnail width and height. The styling looks fine.

 However, when I send a new reply and the Ajax loads it (from the reply box
 below the messages list), its immediate styling is the same as how it was
 in the legacy template, as seen in the attached image. Only if I refresh
 the page does the reply display properly using the HTML in my custom
 template and corresponding CSS rules.

 I only have the BuddyPress and bbPress plugins installed and activated. I
 have Advanced Ajax Page Loader and BuddyPress Default Data installed but
 not activated. WordPress and all plugins are up-to-date.

 If you manage to find a solution soon, I would appreciate it if you would
 tell me so I can continue working on this custom theme instead of waiting
 for a proper BuddyPress update. My site depends on it. Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6572>