[bbDev] [962] trunk: Add actual GPL license (COPYING file) and contributor acknowledgement and copyright (README file).

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Nov 27 23:53:34 GMT 2007

Jeremy Visser wrote:
> I disagree. You double-click on COPYING, tick "Select a program",
> double-click on WordPad in the list, and it's open. It's quite
> intuitive.

I don't think that's intuitive at all, and it's not hard for us to just
give it a .txt extension if it's a text file.

> I would say that the thing more hostile than no extensions on files is
> the fact that we use Unix line-endings (LF, not CRLF).

Agreed, in WordPress we use CRLF line endings explicitly for files like
wp-config.php that we expect people to edit by hand. Everything is is
svn:eol-style native though.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com