[bbDev] [962] trunk: Add actual GPL license (COPYING file) and contributor acknowledgement and copyright (README file).

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Nov 27 19:20:03 GMT 2007

m at wordpress.org wrote:
> Add actual GPL license (COPYING file) and contributor acknowledgement and copyright (README file). Fixes #642

In WordPress we try not to do things that are hostile to people who run
mainstream operating systems, like have files without extensions. I also
think it's rude to have the files YELLING.

Finally SVN serves as a contributor list, as hopefully that list will
include hundreds and hundreds of people in the future. I personally do
not want my name distributed with the software --- it belongs to the
community.

It'd probably be good to follow those conventions in bbPress as well.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com