[Spam] Re: [bbDev] Permalinks Plugin - Changing Mod Rewrite Rules

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Thu Mar 15 08:36:53 GMT 2007

On Mar 14, 2007, at 7:23 AM, info at swing-sets.us wrote:

> Thanx for your response.
>
>> You'll also need above that:
>> RewriteRule ^designer_furniture/topic([0-9]+)/page/([0-9]+)/?$ /
>> topic.php?id=$1&page=$2
>
> I've added this into my htaccess but I get the 301 redirect from
> bb_repermalink. You can see the paggination from
> http://www.dfur.com/designer_furniture

I didn't quite get it the first time :)

What version of bbPress are you using?  If you're using the latest
SVN code, you can do:

RewriteRule ^designer_furniture/page/([0-9]+)/?$ /forum.php?
forum_name=$1 [L,QSA]

Then, you can write a function that hooks on the 'bb_repermalink'
filter and translates the forum name to a forum id. I'm not sure if
what you want is possible with even the most recent official release
of bbPress since it does not include the above hook.

With the code Sam is working on, though, there may be a new and
better method.  The bb_repermalink() function, as you and Sam know,
definitely needs some attention.

Michael