[bbDev] Custom permalinks patch

Sam Bauers sam at viveka.net.au
Tue Feb 20 11:36:41 GMT 2007

On 20/02/2007, at 7:21 PM, Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> I've never heard of a stats program being broken by slashes,

Neither have I.

> and I don't find dashes to be particularly compelling as a general
> use case.

Neither do I.

> The localization is very valid, but generally that sort of thing is
> handled in gettext, rather than as a configuration option.

Wouldn't that make it a little inflexible, and I imagine it wouldn't
be accessible via an admin page???

> I think requiring mod_rewrite for "pretty" URIs is perfectly fine,
> and has worked with few problems in the WP camp.

OK, I might just forge ahead and try to work out how to create "even
prettier" URIs that get rid of the ids. I'm confident that the
foundation I have worked out so far will extend to this without too
much work.

Sam