[bbDev] Custom permalinks patch

Sam Bauers sam at viveka.net.au
Tue Feb 20 07:43:28 GMT 2007

Changing the URLs this way was the first specific request I saw on
the forums (change "forum/1" to "forum-1"). It would mostly be handy
for those wanting to localise their bbPress ("/forum/1" -> "/tribuna/
1" etc.). It may also help some stats packages to have URLs that
aren't broken by slashes. The implementation as presented also gives
the ability to keep some permalinks as a querystring argument, which
some might prefer for various reasons.

Anyway, I agree that the best scenario would be to have unique slugs
for topics and forums based on names (as I've now done for user
names), but that's a little harder (esp. with UTF-8 support in mind),
and I wanted to get the model working first, which I have done - now
I'm asking if I should go further, that's all.

And specifically, I was wondering if abandoning MultiViews was
against the general consensus.

Sam